Your Best Medicine Mends and Heals
When you or a family member needs surgery, Progress West Hospital provides warm, personal care in a healing environment. We offer a full range of general and specialty surgery programs, to treat illnesses or injuries, and get you back to your life.
The care of our patients is the focus of our surgical services program at Progress West Hospital. Our experienced team delivers quality surgical care with a demonstrated commitment to patient safety. We provide multi-specialty inpatient and outpatient services for both adults and children.
Our world-class surgeons and medical staff, along with board-certified anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists, specialize in pediatric, obstetric and adult anesthesia. All postoperative nurses are certified in advanced cardiac life support and stay abreast of changing technology through continued nursing education.
Inpatient and outpatient surgical services performed include:
- General surgery
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) (Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital)
- Gynecology and urology
- Gastrointestinal (GI)
- Plastic surgery
- Ophthalmology (Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital)
- Oral maxillofacial (Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital)
- Brachytherapy (Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital)
- Vascular (Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital)
Following your surgery, you may be admitted to the hospital. Beyond the comfort of knowing they have placed themselves in good hands for medical care, patients benefit from special pampering that characterizes Progress West's patient-centered care approach.
- Family members are updated hourly on patient status and can spend time with the patient before and after surgery
- The same nurse who cares for a patient before a procedure also helps him or her through the recovery process; this continuity of care fosters a relationship of trust with the caregiver, making the postoperative process a bit smoother
- Special machines push warm air into the patient gowns; keeping patients warm promotes postoperative healing
- Our healing environment includes sofa beds in every private room, open visiting hours and family resource areas that make each family's experience better
When you’re having surgery, it’s natural to be a little nervous. But we believe an informed, prepared patient is a more relaxed patient. Know what to expect before, during and after your surgery.
Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital is partnered with Benrus Surgical Associates, Inc., to provide additional surgical services. Learn more here.