Visiting the hospital as a patient or a visitor can be stressful. Knowing where to go and what to expect can help. That's why we provide you with as much information upfront as possible.
Based on sustained reduced incidence of COVID-19, influenza and respiratory illness hospitalizations and community transmission, BJC HealthCare is lifting universal masking requirements in our health care environments effective March 22, 2023. Masks will continue to be readily available for those who prefer to continue wearing a mask, and patients who would prefer their providers wear a mask may request that. Masking in health care facilities helped protect patients, visitors, employees and the community throughout the pandemic and during recent severe respiratory viral illness surges.
- Masking remains required when visiting patients who are positive or suspected positive for COVID-19.
- To reduce transmission, masking is recommended for those who are showing signs or symptoms of respiratory illness and those with a recent known exposure to someone with a respiratory illness.
- Those who prefer to wear masks in BJC facilities are welcome to do so. Respiratory hygiene stations will remain at all facilities.
- BJC may reinstate a broad masking requirement in our health care facilities during surges of respiratory viruses such as influenza. BJC infection prevention and infectious diseases specialists will continue to track case rates in the community and among staff, along with hospitalization rates, to evaluate whether and when masking may need to be reinstated to protect patients, visitors and employees.
At Progress West Hospital we strive to provide a positive patient experience and recognize the important role visitors play in the healing process. As part of BJC HealthCare, we follow a standard visitor policy to ensure a consistent experience across all BJC’s hospitals, multiple health service organizations and 100+ doctors’ offices. Click here to read BJC’s visitor policy.
- For additional information, including hours, click the Visiting Hours page.
VIRTUAL VISITOR PROGRAM
We want you to stay connected to your loved one though phone calls, FaceTime and other virtual methods. In cases where patients are unable to do so on their own, patients are encouraged to ask a member of their care team to assist with facilitating a virtual visit using Zoom through the BJC Virtual Visitor Program.
The hospital café is located on the first floor and offers several fresh, convenient options.
FIND US AND PARKING
Conveniently located just off I-64/40 in O’Fallon, Missouri, Progress West Hospital includes a medical office building. Ample surface parking is free of charge, with handicapped-accessible parking at all entrances. You can find addresses, the campus map with parking guide on Maps and Directions.
- Unless you are visiting the emergency department, please do not park in the lots designated for visitors who have loved ones receiving emergency or critical care.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
Contact us by submitting a question or feedback. For immediate assistance, call the hospital operator at 636.344.1000 so we can assist you.