Your Best Medicine Sees Things Clearly
At Progress West Hospital, our expertly trained and certified imaging professionals, technologists and radiologists use the latest and most advance equipment to ensure accurate diagnostic images for inpatients, outpatients and emergency patients — all in a convenient walk-up facility. Our high-resolution images of the body to help detect and diagnose illnesses and conditions.
Why Choose Progress West Hospital Imaging
Progress West Hospital was one of the first facilities in St. Charles County to fully integrate all hospital imaging services with an integrated medical imaging information management system called Picture Archiving Communication System (PACs) for radiology and cardiology. This system provides:
- Reduced turnaround time for exams to be read and reported to your physician.
- Immediate access by the physician at any hour to your images and information.
- Patient privacy through secure computer lines.
When it comes to diagnostic imaging, you want your results read by trained specialists who treat you with dignity and respect. At Progress West Hospital, board-certified radiologists from the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at Washington University School of Medicine interpret your results and discuss them with your physician, to ensure an accurate diagnosis.
Imaging areas of expertise and technology
- Bone Density Scans
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans
- Nuclear Medicine
Before and After Your Imaging Appointment
Please bring a photo ID (driver’s license or state ID) and insurance card(s) with you to your procedure. Arrive 15 to 20 minutes prior to your appointment to allow for registration. A technologist will explain the procedure and answer any questions you may have. Be prepared to discuss your current medications, food allergies, past medical history and any previous surgeries. After your images have been taken:
- A board-certified radiologist will examine and interpret your test images.
- Results of your exam will be given to your physician within 24 to 48 hours.
- Your physician will advise you of the results and discuss additional exams if needed.
- Inpatients and emergency care: All services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Outpatient appointments: Weekday hours vary, and some Saturday appointments may be available. Most tests can be scheduled either the same day or next day for your convenience.
Progress West Hospital
2 Progress Point Parkway
O'Fallon, Missouri 63368
Get directions and maps
For more information or to schedule an appointment with a radiologist, call the BJC centralized outpatient scheduling department at 636.344.1702 (option 2).
If you need copies of your imaging test results, please call your physician’s office 24 hours in advance.