The Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital
We are honored when you choose the Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital to provide you with care before, during and after the birth of your child. Our obstetrical services are delivered by an exceptional team of caregivers who are focused on your needs.
We created our comfortable, modern Childbirth Center with you and your family in mind. Our large birthing suites have a cozy, intimate atmosphere created to meet the entire spectrum of birthing needs, from labor and delivery to recovery and postpartum, with accommodations for an overnight guest. We support each mother’s choice for natural or anesthesia-assisted childbirth, with a nearby operating room in the event of a Cesarean section.
Take a Video Tour
Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital: Comfort at a Glance
- Options to room-in babies with mom or stay in the fully staffed nursery
- All-private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms have abundant natural light
- Specially equipped rooms with advanced technology for every phase of birthing process
- Personal temperature control
- Overnight accommodations for family, including sofa beds and private restrooms
- TV and DVD player
- A safe to store valuables
- Dining on call, including a free daily meal for your support person
- Free Wi-Fi
- Convenient Family Resource Area equipped with computers, vending machines, refrigerator, microwave, restrooms and play table
Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital: Our Expertise
- Nurses with an average of 15 years experience in labor and delivery
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed by St. Louis Children's Hospital neonatologists and newborn specialists for babies born with special medical needs
- In-house anesthesiologists, obstetricians and St. Louis Children's Hospital pediatricians on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Diabetes experts for women who develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy,
Classes and Tours
For the safety of you and our patients, we have currently paused our in-person childbirth center tours and childbirth classes.
We are currently offering convenient online classes that cover the essentials of childbirth and breastfeeding so you can be prepared for the birth of your baby. Take these classes, at any time, from the comfort of your couch using a computer, phone, or tablet:
This 8-chapter program is an interactive, web-based class that uses videos, personal birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach all the essential information to prepare for birth. Topics include: Understanding pregnancy, preparing for birth, stages of birth, labor, and comfort techniques.
Sign up now
Making the decision to breastfeed is one of the best things you can do for your baby! As with any new experience, you probably have lots of questions. This interactive online course covers the essentials, including clear animation and plenty of video examples. It lets you know when to call for help and includes partner tips throughout. You also can track feedings with an easy-to-use tracker!
Sign up now