The Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital
We are honored when you choose the Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital to provide you with care before, during and after the birth of your child. Our obstetrical services are delivered by an exceptional team of caregivers who are focused on your needs.
We created our comfortable, modern Childbirth Center with you and your family in mind. Our large birthing suites have a cozy, intimate atmosphere created to meet the entire spectrum of birthing needs, from labor and delivery to recovery and postpartum, with accommodations for an overnight guest. We support each mother’s choice for natural or anesthesia-assisted childbirth, with a nearby operating room in the event of a Cesarean section.
Take a Video Tour
Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital: Comfort at a Glance
- All-private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms have abundant natural light
- Specially equipped rooms with advanced technology for every phase of birthing process
- Personal temperature control
- Overnight accommodations for family, including sofa beds and private restrooms
- TV and DVD player
- A safe to store valuables
- Dining on call, including a free daily meal for your support person
- Free Wi-Fi
- Convenient family resource area
Childbirth Center at Progress West Hospital: Our Expertise
- Nurses with an average of 15 years experience in labor and delivery
- Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed by St. Louis Children's Hospital neonatologists and newborn specialists for babies born with special medical needs
- In-house anesthesiologists, obstetricians and St. Louis Children's Hospital pediatricians on site 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Diabetes experts for women who develop gestational diabetes during pregnancy
Tours and Classes
For the safety of you and our patients, we are currently limiting our in-person childbirth center tours and childbirth classes.
Tours: To have an in-person tour, call 636.344.2218 and leave a message. Someone will return your call to arrange your tour.
Classes: We are currently offering online classes that cover some essentials to prepare parents for the birth of their newborn. These online programs are ideal for busy participants to expand your knowledge as you can watch the classes based on your schedule.
Understanding Birth eClass
The 8-part online classes include videos, birth stories, animations, activities, and games to teach expecting parents. The course covers essential topics including pregnancy, preparing for childbirth, stages of birth, labor and comfort techniques.
Sign up now
Understanding Breastfeeding eClass
New moms are encouraged to breastfeed their infants as it provides many benefits for babies and mothers. This web-based collection of videos will provide information to help you achieve the confidence to support your breastfeeding journey.
Sign up now