We created our comfortable, modern Birthing Center with you and your family in mind. Our large birthing suites have a homey, intimate atmosphere created to meet the entire spectrum of birthing needs, from labor and delivery to recovery and post postpartum.
The surroundings are comfortable, quiet, warm and soothing, with accommodations for an overnight guest. We support each mother’s choice for natural or anesthesia-assisted childbirth, with a nearby operating room in the event of a Cesarean section.
Tours last about 45 minutes. Since this is an exciting time for the whole family, parents-to-be are welcome to invite two other children or family members to join them on the tour! Schedule a tour today!
- Meet our excellent care team
- Visit our spacious labor/delivery and recovery suites
- View the nursery (available if mom needs a break!)
- Learn about Safety Stop -- our free car seat installation services offered through St. Louis Children's Hospital
- Get answers to your questions on lactation consulting, visiting hours, food availability and more!
Birthing Center Comfort at a Glance
- Moms have choices: babies may either room-in with moms or stay in the fully staffed nursery
- All-private labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms have an abundance of natural light
- Specially equipped rooms have the latest technology to support every phase of the birthing process
- Personal temperature control
- Overnight accommodations for family, including sofa beds and private restrooms
- TV and DVD player
- A safe to store your valuables
- Dining on call
- Free Wi-Fi
- Convenient Family Resource Area equipped with computers, vending machines, refrigerator, microwave, restrooms and play table
Progress West Hospital's Newborn Intensive Care Unit is staffed by Washington University neonatologists and pediatric hospitalists. The team also includes neonatal nurses with advanced training to take care of babies born prematurely.
Learn more about the Progress West Newborn Intensive Care Unit.
We have a team of caregivers assigned to help simplify your visit, whether it’s for your baby's birth or just a tour of the facility. To reach this team, please call 636.344.1109. We'll be glad to help you pre-register, confirm details with you, or provide you with more information about the childbirth center at Progress West Hospital.