A mammogram is the best preventive tool in the fight against breast cancer, as recommended annually for all women over age 40. Early detection is important so breast cancer can be caught at its most treatable, curable stage. At Progress West Hospital we provide all digital breast imaging services including 2D and 3D mammography (tomosynthesis)
Prioritize your health. Schedule your annual screening mammogram online.
Different types of mammograms
- Screening mammogram: Washington University radiologists use mammography to look for early signs of breast cancer before symptoms develop. This is typically an annual screening and images are taken of each breast at different angles.
- Diagnostic mammogram: Your provider will order a diagnostic mammogram if your screening shows abnormal tissue.
Who should get a mammogram?
- After age 40, yearly mammogram screenings are recommended for all people assigned female at birth.
- Family history of breast cancer.
- Inherited genetic mutations.
- Dense breasts.
Preparing for a mammogram
- Tell your provider if you are breastfeeding, pregnant, think you may be pregnant or have breast implants.
- Do not wear deodorant, lotion or perfumes.
- You will undress from the waist up and be provided a grown to wear. Some people find it easier to wear a top and bottom instead of a jumpsuit or dress to their mammogram appointment.
Scheduling your mammogram
Appointment hours are listed below but could change due to holidays or other circumstances. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call the BJC centralized outpatient scheduling department at 636.344.1702. A physician order is required for a diagnostic mammogram only.
- Screening mammogram: Monday to Friday, 7:20 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Diagnostic mammogram: Wednesday, 7:20 a.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Learn more about women’s services and breast health at Progress West Hospital.
Progress West Hospital
2 Progress Point Parkway
O'Fallon, Missouri 63368
Google driving directions