Criteria and Guidelines to Submit a Request
The mission of Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital and Progress West Hospital is to improve the health of the people and communities we serve. Each year, many non-profit community organizations request sponsorship support in the form of events such as dinners, runs/walks, golf tournaments, health fairs or goodwill advertising. While we recognize the contributions of many of these organizations to our communities, the hospitals are not able to support every request. Please review the established guidelines prior to submitting a sponsorship request.
- Sponsorships must align with our mission, vision, values, and strategic priorities
- Sponsorships must benefit the communities served by the hospitals: St. Charles, Lincoln and Warren counties
- Every effort should be made to submit a sponsorship request by August 1 for the next calendar year for budgeting purposes; minimally, a four-month lead time is required for requests to be considered
Consideration for sponsorship will be dependent on the following:
- Does it impact community health needs or support health and wellness?
- Does it support local communities economically and socially?
- Does it support hospital leadership’s community involvement and representation of the hospitals?
- Is the organization a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization in good standing and with a positive community image? (The hospitals do not support individual participation in a fundraising event or activity.)
If the request meets the above criteria, it must answer “yes” to at least one of the questions below:
- Does the community organization and event/activity seek to address a community health care need?
- Will the sponsorship provide Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital and Progress West Hospital with an opportunity to communicate our message – whether it is marketing or health-related?
- Will the sponsorship provide Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital and Progress West Hospital with an opportunity to market key services?
The following criteria will be used internally:
Value: Provides good promotional value for the dollars invested
Geographic Reach/Size of Audience: Reaches a substantial target audience in our service area
Exclusivity: Limited to our hospitals or health system
Public Relations/Political Sensitivities: Participation will promote a positive impression within the community
- Opportunity for interaction with community leaders, donors or other stakeholders
- Opportunity to promote services with health screens, collateral material, speakers, or other activities
Submitting your request:
- Print and complete the online sponsorship request form. Mail to the address on the form with any additional documents that you want to include with the request.
- Because of the volume of requests, please allow 15 business days before you are contacted regarding your request.
- Please be advised that we may not be able to fulfill every sponsorship request, even if the request meets our criteria.
Questions about the sponsorship process and criteria may be directed to the community relations director.